Yep, I'm now at 17 weeks and hopefully things are still going well - I'll find out more officially on Monday with my second visit to the OB, where I should get to hear Ernie's heart beat for the first time and maybe see him quickly on the ultrasound. We also get to book into the hospital ready for Ernie's birth. How weird is that. Twenty Three weeks away and we are booking into the hospital ready for a birth that probably won't even occur on the day we book in for. Deep down I'm a little bit excited though, it makes it all that much more real. After our appointments Jochen and I will head to the great baby shop in Warragul, called Generations XY Plus where I might buy my first maternity wear, then again I might not. It's not like I even need it yet, but then again do I really want to wait until nothing fits me. I'll have to see how I feel on the day.
As for Ernie, according to the wonderful book '
Up the Duff' by Kaz Cooke, he should be about 13 cm from crown to rump and weigh about 150 grams. He or she is now fully 'He or She' and with his fully functioning kidneys is now using them every 40-45 minutes. Thank goodness I haven't had to start on all those nappies yet. According to
StorkNet, Ernie should also be starting to put fat under his skin and have fully developed reflexs such as sucking, swallowing and blinking. Ernie's legs are now bigger than his arms and his fingernails and toenails started growing last week.
Pregnancy.Org also tells me that Ernie -
- is looking more human like in appearance
- has forward looking eyes
- is transforming the cartilage that currently makes up his skeleton into bones.
This picture doesn't really look all that human to me though. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment