Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mum Mum Mummy - Yeah Yeah Yeah

Today Miss Isabella finally said Mum for the first time and then to top if off she then said Nan as well.

The conversation went something like this...

Isabella - "Mum mum mummmy..... nan nan nan."

I was so excited. She has been talking for so long now and still hadn't said it. Last week she even said the names of the cat - Ella when she saw her and made an attempt at Zakie our dog with 'ackie' when Jochen was with her one morning. I was starting to wonder if she was ever going to say it.

When I rang Mum to tell her the news Miss Isabella added another trick to her list.... I always put Mum on speaker phone so that she and Isabella can talk. Isabella seems to recognise her voice and always reaches for the phone and natters away back to Mum. Anyway this time Mum said to her 'bub, bub bub' and Isabella said 'bub' back. When I asked mum if she had heard it she said she hadn't so she said "sorry I didn't hear you Isabella. Bub bub bub" and very clearly Isabella said "Bub bub bub" back. It was if they were having a "bub bub bub" conversation.

Isabella is definitely getting the idea that words are associated with actions like "up" which I use all the time and she attempts to say with a sound that resembles "pppp", "no more" which I say and she confirms by shaking her head, and knowing that the animals have names. If you say to her "look there is Ella", Isabella looks for the cat and then her face lights up with delight as she seems to love all the animals. Isabella really wants to communicate with us and is experimenting with the range of sounds that she can make. At the rate she is going I think we will be having some interesting conversations by the time she is 2.

No comments: